According to researchers, 94% of people say that the first thing they notice in a person is their smile. Your smile can create lasting impressions on people, and so naturally, you can get insecure if your teeth are crooked, stained, missing or broken. At Kangaroo Point Dental we are here to help. We’ve collated a list of the top five ways you can get a full smile makeover.
Orthodontics is an area of dentistry that focuses on straightening misaligned teeth or correcting facial irregularities. It is one of the most common cosmetic techniques for improving the appearance of a patient’s smile as it can correct crowded teeth, spacing and overbites. Some of the methods adopted by Orthodontists include:
- Braces: Orthodontics can either fit fixed or removable braces to straighten teeth in adults and children. Fixed braces are made up of small brackets that are glued to the teeth, and it is non-removable. Removable braces are plastic plates that sit on the roof of the mouth, and you can snap it in and out of your mouth. Removable braces are generally invisible, and you can take them out to eat or drink. However, compared to fitted braces, removable braces may take a longer time to straighten or correct teeth.
- Invisalign: Compared to braces, Invisalign is more hygienic and has a greater visual appeal as it is invisible. It involves wearing plastic aligners that are custom-made for your mouth, to help realign your teeth into their proper position. If you’re an adult and don’t want the embarrassment of wearing braces, Invisalign is a great option. At Kangaroo Point Dental we offer Invisalign to patients that want to correct their smile, have their teeth re-straightened after forgetting to wear a retainer or to avoid severe crowding of teeth.
- Retainers: Retainers are usually recommended at the end of orthodontic treatment such as after having braces removed. This is because if you don’t wear a retainer there will be tooth movement. It is used to keep straightened teeth in place so that you can have a lasting smile makeover.
2. Dental Implants
If you’re insecure about your smile due to missing or broken teeth, then a dental implant may be the solution for you. This method involves fusing titanium screws into the jawbone which will then become the foundation for a dental crown that will replace single or multiple teeth. The results will lead to aesthetic and functional teeth that will integrate naturally with the rest of your mouth. At Kangaroo Point Dental we offer dental implants to patients that want to improve the appearance of their teeth and smile, as the results are long-lasting.
3. Teeth whitening
For an easy way to quickly improve the appearance of your smile, teeth whitening can do the trick. At Kangaroo Point dental our teeth whitening treatments lead to immediate results. We also offer custom-made whitening kits one week after the treatment that you can take home, so that you can try it for yourself and keep your teeth whiter for longer.
Dentures are removable false teeth that are designed to match your natural teeth and to integrate comfortably with your mouth. Normally dentures are made up of metal or acrylic resin and are highly natural-looking. It is recommended for older patients that want to improve the appearance of their smile without having to go through the costly and time-consuming process of getting dental implants. There are several different types of dentures, these are:
- Full dentures: These dentures replace all of a patient’s teeth
- Partial dentures: Used when a patient still has some natural teeth. These dentures are removable and highly comfortable to use.
- Upper dentures: These are dentures that are just for your upper teeth
5. Porcelain veneers
At Kangaroo Point Dental, we offer porcelain veneers as a solution for fixing up any chips, stains or gaps in your teeth that impact your smile and self-esteem. Porcelain veneers is a permanent piece of porcelain that is attached to the front of the tooth. It allows for a natural-looking smile and often has a shorter timeframe for straightening teeth. It also provides a layer of protection over the tooth, so you know that the results are there to last.